ISLPR Language Service's 6-week English Course
A 6-week course designed to develop your reading and writing skills. March enrolments are now open!
This intensive course was designed to help ESL learners develop their reading & writing skills over a period of 6-weeks. The focus in this course is on developing a candidate's reading and writing skills by addressing some common issues we have come across when teaching and testing English. There is a particularly strong focus on writing in this course (the most problematic skill).
What can you expect? You will be sent a total of four workbooks to complete during the 6-week course. Each workbook will have a different focus (see the course outline below) and will provide theory and practicals to complete. You must complete the workbook and return it by the due date to receive feedback on the work completed. All workbooks that are submitted on time will be marked by an ISLPR tutor and feedback on how to improve will be provided.
Enrolment opens: Open now! We currently have a 15% discount on enrolments.
Enrolment closes: We off this self-paced course year round. Please refer to the list of enrolment dates below.
Course Completion: You are given 6 weeks to complete all workbooks.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Any ESL learners who have basic English,
- Teachers from overseas wishing to register to teach in Australia or New Zealand,
- International students wanting to get into Australian or New Zealand universities, Colleges or Secondary Schools,
- Other people wanting to get vocational registration in Australia or New Zealand,
- Anyone wanting to improve their English skills before doing an English test (any English test!).
- 4 workbooks, each designed to focus on your reading and writing skills.
- When enrolling it is important to provide as much information as possible. We will provide some questions in your workbook that are specific to your background and needs.
- Every workbook you complete and submit by the due date will be marked by an ISLPR tutor and sent back with feedback.
- All participants will be given access to Dr Ingram's lecture on "Developing your reading & writing skills" (RRP $45.00)
- A payment plan is available. Please contact email@example.com and advise whether you would prefer a weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment plan.
Due to the fast turnaround time when marking workbooks, it is not possible to enter a course after the commencement date. You will have to wait for the next round to begin
Will their be workshops?
No. The purpose of this course is to provide participants the opportunity to continue practising and developing their English skills in their own time. We recognise that some learners prefer self-paced work and therefore, we have cut the workshop hours and instead increased the amount of personalised feedback candidates will receive from our tutors. If you prefer taking part in workshops, we recommend our 14-week course.
What is the difference between the 14-week online course and the 6-week course?
The 14-week course aims to provide participants with the knowledge and tools to self-correct their work and focuses on all four macro-skills. This 6-week course focuses on reading and writing only and will provide participants with personalised feedback on the work they complete. Please note that there are no direct contact hours in this course. Participants in the 6-week course are responsible for completing and submitting the workbooks by the due date in order to receive feedback from the course tutor.
Please refer to the dates below as an outline only.
Where can I find out more?
Download our course description here for all the details.
|Enrolment Due Date||Course Commencement||Course Completion|
|29 January 2021||05 February 2021||12 March 2021|
|26 March 2021||02 April 2021||07 May 2021|
|28 May 2021||04 June 2021||09 July 2021|
|30 July 2021||06 August 2021||10 September 2021|
|24 September 2021||01 October 2021||05 November 2021|
|03 December 2021||17 December 2021||21 January 2022|
|Early bird Enrolment||Upfront Payment|
$1,641.35 (excl. PayPal fees)
Enrol by the early bird due date (15 March 2021) to receive a 15% discount on the total course cost.
Why do you we offer an early bird discount? We include customised questions in your workbooks. By enrolling early we can begin building your workbooks early.
All up front payments will receive a $200.00 discount on the total course costs (enrol by 26 March 2021):
Use code: 200off at the checkout.
Payment Plans are available, please download the course description for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.