We are now opening up our trials to candidates who have never done the ISLPR test before and are located in South East Queensland or Sydney. Please note, priority will be given to candidates who can attend our office in person.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, ISLPR Language Services has been working on creating an online version of the ISLPR test for the past few months. We are currently trialing the software and are reaching out to Queensland and Sydney based candidates who have not done the ISLPR test before to ask whether you would be interested in participating in our formal trials of the online test.
Please note that this is a trial of the new software and we will not be issuing test results that could be used for high stakes purposes (e.g. teacher registration or university entry). This is merely an opportunity to take part in a practice test that will be conducted under the same conditions of a formal test.
What is involved?
- We will be running ten full days of trial tests.
- We are looking for a minimum of 60 candidates who would be interested in taking the test. Please be aware that only 30 people will get to do the online test, while 30 QLD-based candidates will get to do the face-to-face test.
- The online test will go for around the same amount of time as a face-to-face ISLPR test (i.e. 2.5 hours).
- You will be sent an application form to complete if you have been selected to take part in the trials.
- At the end of the test, you will be asked to provide feedback on your whole experience (through a survey sent to your email address).
- Tests will be run during business hours on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays only.
Please read this section carefully before expressing your interest. As with all trials, there are some controls we must have in place and therefore, these requirements are non-negotiable.
If you would like to take part in the trials, you will need to meet the following prerequisites:
- You have NEVER taken the ISLPR test before.
- This is not negotiable and is a strict requirement.
- You can participate if you have only taken tutorials.
- Candidates will not be able to choose which test they do (i.e. online test or face-to-face test).
- Preference will be given to south-east Queensland based candidates first who can come into our office to do the face-to-face test.
- You are a qualified teacher who is looking to register as a teacher in Australia.
- You are willing to attend our office to do the test if you are randomly selected to do the face-to-face test.
- You have a quiet room in your house that you can isolate yourself in if you are selected to do the online test. Note: you must be able to close the door behind you and be seated with your back against the door (i.e. we need to be able to see that door through the webcam)
- You must have a laptop or desktop with a webcam. You must be able to move that webcam around so we can scan the room you are in.
- You must have a stable internet connection.
- You will need Google Chrome to access the online test (VERY IMPORTANT).
- You will need to be familiar with Google Meet.
- You are comfortable using a laptop or computer. We will not be able to explain basic functions.
- Feedback must be submitted by the due date.
Applications close once all 60 spaces have been filled.
What do you receive by taking part?
- Candidates who take part in our study will receive a brief report outlining any issues/mistakes made in their test.
- All participants will go in the drawer to win one of two Coles/Myer Gift Cards.
To take part in the trials, complete the expressions of interest form below. If you meet our requirements, we will send you a full application form with a list of the available dates.